Today, more than ever, the new norm is pet-friendly workspaces. In fact, many of the largest and most popular companies in the nation have gone “pet-wild”: Ben & Jerry’s, Amazon, Etsy, and Google, to name a few.
Still, there are pros and cons to having pets in the office. If you’re not sure if this is the right move for your company, take a gander at our costs vs. benefits list:
Pros of Office Pets
Allowing employees to bring pets to the office can:
- Attract the best employees because of the unique benefit of being able to bring pets to work.
- Make employees feel more comfortable and at home.
- Create a more relaxed environment for both staff members and customers or clients.
- Encourage healthy habits like regular exercise and more upbeat attitudes.
- Improve personal interactions and relationships among employees.
Cons of Office Pets
- Sometimes, certain pets may not get along with other pets, creating interpersonal issues among staff members.
- Or some staff members may not get along with certain pets.
- Pets can be somewhat distracting.
- As hard as you try, accidents are bound to happen, which can cause issues when it comes to the cleaning bill — and who does the cleaning!
- It’s a possibility that liability issues may come up if pets bite, scratch, or otherwise harm other individuals or pets.
Is Your Workspace Pet Friendly?
If so, consider creating a flexible, paid time off program that includes room for veterinarian visits, pet emergencies, adoption, or bereavement. Inviting pets into the office means that these benefits features will truly draw in and retain the top employees.
Of course, for the best pet care in and around Edmond, OK, always choose Sunset Veterinary Clinic. Our comprehensive list of veterinary services includes general wellness care, injury and illness care, surgery, spaying and neutering, dental services, boarding, and bathing services. Contact us today to learn more!
Infographic by Banfield Pet Hospital