Why It’s Essential to Spay or Neuter Your Cat or Dog
We strongly recommend all pet owners consider having their pets spayed or neutered. Every year millions of pets, even purebred, are euthanized needlessly because there are not enough homes for all the puppies and kittens born. Beyond the risks and unnecessary suffering caused by unwanted animals in our community, there are important health issues that could be significantly reduced by having your pet spayed or neutered.
Here Are Several Good Reasons to Have Your Pet Spayed or Neutered
Spaying your female dog or cat will:
- Eliminate heat cycles
- Prevent unwanted pregnancy
- Decrease the risk of mammary, ovarian, uterine cancer and uterine infection
- Control the pet population
Neutering your male dog or cat will:
- Decrease or eliminate urine spraying or marking
- Eliminate the strong urine odor associated with tomcats
- Curtail roaming in search of females
- Decrease aggression and fighting
- Decrease the risks of prostatic hyperplasia and testicular cancer
- Control the pet populationPlease contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have.