Expert Dog Grooming in Edmond
Does your dog need a new ‘do?
Is Rover getting a bit ripe?
Regular grooming not only makes your furry friends more cuddle-worthy, it’s an important health and hygiene practice. Your pooch will enjoy the pampering and attention he or she gets while being groomed, and will feel better at home for days afterward. To top if off, grooming may improve behavior problems and will enhance the cleanliness of your home.
Our professional groomer Chaney Monan is available by appointment every Thursday at our Edmond, OK clinic. She provides a full range of pet grooming and bathing services for all breeds of dogs. Whether your companion needs a bath, full groom, a nail trim or a complete makeover for a special occasion, she will make sure your furry friend looks great!
We work with feline friends, too. We evaluate cat grooming on a case-by-case basis. Just give us a call and we’ll see what we can do!
Stylin’ cuts and pawdicures
Chaney can create classic groom styles while paying close attention to your individual taste and vision for your pet’s appearance. She also loves to get creative with bows, bandannas, and wild nail polish! Every dog receives:
• Nail trim
• Eyes/belly/potty trail clipped
• Ears plucked
• Pad hair shaved
• Anal glands expressed
• Hair cut (by request)
Additional services include:
• Nail Dremel
• Teeth brushing
Ten smart reasons to bring your pet to Sunset for grooming
1. Preventative health care: Regular grooming means your pet gets regular inspection by a second set of eyes. Groomers may notice abnormalities or sudden changes from a previous visit that could indicate medical problem, such as growths, ear infections or parasites.
2. Maintenance: Routine grooming prevents and removes matting in your pet’s fur. These mats of hair can cause skin problems, as well as great discomfort to your pet.
3. Reduce eye infection: Hair trimming also removes excessive hair around the face that causes eye irritation and infection.
4. Cleaner home: Along with sending you home with a dolled-up pup, grooming reduces shedding (less vacuuming!).
5. Parasite control: A regular bathing schedule controls fleas and ticks, which find an ideal breeding environment in matted fur.
6. Long-term joint care: Toenail trimming is essential for preventing pain and health problems. Long, overgrown nails force your dog to walk on the sides of their pads, which is painful and eventually contributes to arthritis in the paws, legs and hips.
7. Reduce ear infection: Expert ear cleaning reduces the risk of ear mites and infections, which cause severe itching and pain.
8. Fresh breath: Brushing your pet’s teeth helps keep them fresh between routine dental cleanings, preventing plaque and gingivitis.
9. Happy skin: Animal skin has a different pH than human skin. Using soaps that are not formulated for the skin of your animal can cause allergic reactions and irritation. Bathing with high-quality, custom, professional products helps safely remove old hair, dirt and oil from the skin, promoting good hygiene.
10. Smell fresh heat-to-toe: Anal glands are the most neglected part of your dog’s body. As they fill up, some can burst causing unnecessary pain and costly surgery. A thorough groom includes expressing these glands.
Every dog has its day – why shouldn’t it be a spa day?
Sunset Veterinary Clinic earns two paws up for dog grooming in Edmond, OK. Call Chaney today at
405-844-2888 to make an appointment!